Achaogen is seeking a high-performing professional to join our Finance organization. The position reports to the Assistant Controller, and will be a key role in ensuring the Company’s financial reports are accurate, complete and consistent with accounting and regulatory rules. This individual will also review contracts and agreements to determine the proper accounting and draft relevant accounting memos for significant transactions, as well as assist in the revenue recognition accounting process, including implementing the upcoming revenue recognition standard. As the Finance organization is growing, this individual will have the opportunity to expand their responsibilities. The successful candidate must possess both strong operational experience as well as a technical accounting background. That person will also demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary to manage growing processes and organization.
● Five to eight years of progressive working experience in accounting industry
● Minimum B.S. degree in Accounting or related field
● Prior experience in Pharma/Biotech industry is certainly a plus.
● Big 4 public accounting experience
● Demonstrated experience in external reporting (SEC 10-K, 10-Q, etc.) and ensuring compliance with SOX requirements, including the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
● Experience with drafting accounting memorandums on complex and/or technical transactions.
● CPA license preferred