The Regional Business Director (RBD) will build and lead a team of world-class hospital account managers to successfully launch and grow Achaogen’s lead product, Plazomicin into hospitals and health systems. The regional sales team will be accountable for building hospital / system wide awareness, advocacy, and access for Plazomicin. This will be accomplished by partnering with a variety of customers including Infectious Disease Specialists, Critical Care Physicians, Pharmacy Directors, Hospitalists, and Microbiologists.
The RBD will work in close collaboration with the VP of Hospital Sales, peers, field and internal matrix stakeholders to drive market penetration of Achaogen’s products, optimize customer satisfaction and build team engagement. The RBD will develop and implement launch plans that outline how selling / marketing strategy and sales goals will be achieved including allocation of budget and promotional resources, that align to customer opportunities. Additionally, this individual will meet with key decision makers, KOLs and C-Suite to foster cohesive partnerships between hospitals / health systems and Achaogen.
The ideal candidate will consistently operate with integrity and possess subject matter expertise in both the infectious disease market and hospital / health systems setting including knowledge of ID market dynamics, hospital / health system infrastructure, formulary review process, buying channels, contracting, and HIT systems. The RBD must be energetic, collaborative, inspiring and have the ability to skillfully translate bigger picture vision and strategy into tangible direction and actions to achieve outstanding business and organizational results.
Plazomicin is the first clinical candidate from our gram-negative antibiotic discovery engine. This position will contribute to the future sales growth of a strong pipeline of new products that are expected to follow.
- Recruit, hire, lead, coach, develop and retain top talent to build a high-performing and customer-centric sales team.
- Create a learning environment, successfully works with teams to efficiently pilot new ideas and evaluate their merit to enhance strategy, execution, and performance.
- Guide the development of account plans and monitor progress and evolution of content and focus to achieve KPIs and sales goals.
- Utilize organizational tools such as CRM, data and other analytics to understand their business and relevant opportunities to ensure sales effectiveness.
- Ability to be flexible, transparent, resilient and thrive in a start[JD1] -up environment and ensure your team operates similarly.
- Build a team that values diversity, transparency, intellectual curiosity, idea sharing and respect.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with key customers and KOLs.
- Ensure understanding and reinforcement of compliance policies and standards; monitor compliance performance and take appropriate actions.
- Strategically and effectively manage regional budget and resources.
- Ensure cohesive collaboration with Achaogen counterparts (field and internal) to ensure a successful customer engagement flow.
Preferred Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Required: 3-5 years of front line Leadership Experience in the hospital setting.
- Antibiotic/infectious disease experience.
- Hospital launch experience highly preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of delivering sales results and leading others to deliver and exceed sales results with a customer-centric mindset.
- Ability to foster a culture of integrity, trust and transparency within your team and with your colleagues, ensuring that our overarching purpose is realized.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and build trust through fostering an environment of open and transparent communication.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and clearly articulate the company’s vision and mission.
- Strong strategic and rigorous analytical agility with the ability to understand complex business issues and opportunities, while using sound judgment to set objectives and direction to drive results.
- High accountability for your actions and results and ability to ensure a high level of commitment to the success of the organization, your peers and your direct reports.
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics, integrity, trust while acting with courage and candor.
- Ensure the culture and values of Achaogen are upheld within your team environment and when interacting with our customers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current US work authorization required.
- Ability to travel domestically.