Health Systems Account Director (HSAD)
Reports to: National Director, Health Systems
Location: Western US Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Key Account Mgmt.
The Health Systems Account Director (HSAD) will partner with a team of elite Regional Business Directors (RBD), Hospital Account Managers (HAM) and Medical Scientists (MS) to successfully launch and grow Achaogen’s lead product, plazomicin, within Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and Health Systems. The HSADs will be accountable for building advocacy, access and utilization for plazomicin at high priority hospital accounts owned by targeted IDNs and health systems. This will be accomplished by engaging with a variety of decision-makers including C-suite, VP, Director level and Quality of care personnel along with key Infectious Disease and Critical Care to demonstrate how plazomicin can allow them to achieve improved clinical, quality and overall budgetary outcomes.
- The HSAD will be positioned to manage major account relationships, calling on Integrated Delivery Networks, Health Systems and large infusion centers to expand revenue, generate opportunities and pull-through sales within the assigned accounts & geography
- Will be expected to identify opportunities within targeted IDNs and health systems to set strategies focused on improving clinical outcomes while reducing overall cost to the network
- Will be required to network and navigate to key decision makers at the system level, procuring regular meetings with key C-suite, VP and Directors level stakeholders
- Will be required to utilize clinical data, health care economic and budgetary impact models to demonstrate the value of plazomicin
- Will be required to coordinate and frequently communicate with local field sales; they will need to laterally lead HAMs and MSs on local projects in hospital accounts where the successful adoption of plazomicin would have greater benefit to the IDN/systems that owns those hospitals
- Will establish lines of communication and build productive business relations between Achaogen and the departments of Quality, Pharmacy, Finance and Medical along with other key departmental personnel within targeted systems; the ability to leverage existing and quickly procure new institutional relationships are critical requirements
- Will be responsible for geographical coverage that is regional in nature and may be comprised of several US states with some national responsibility; the HSAD may be asked to assist other internal Achaogen divisions (Market Access, Government Affairs and ORQC) with similar projects
- Demonstrates strong strategic and rigorous analytical agility with the ability to understand complex business issues and opportunities, while using sound judgment to set objectives and direction to drive results
- Will require exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and clearly articulate the company’s vision and mission.
Preferred Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device sales or marketing with documented success is required
- 3 years of Key Account and System Level Management experience with key IDNs including working with C-Suite customers
- Hospital frontline leadership experience is preferred
- Hospital launch experience preferred
- Antibiotic/infectious disease experience strongly preferred
- Excellent personal leadership skills with a proven track record of success.
- Laterally leading others to deliver and exceed results with a patient-centric and customer focused mindset
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current US work authorization required
- Ability to travel domestically >50%