Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will assist in coordinating the annual budget, quarterly forecasts as well as a multi-year financial planning model. In addition, the FP&A Manager will provide critical financial analyses and meaningful insight into management reporting. This position will also be responsible for business partnering with the G&A organization – assisting with budget management, tracking expenses and reporting.
- Publish and provide the analysis for the Quarterly BVA package focusing on performance and variance analyses.
- Become a key business partner to G&A Finance team, HR and IT organizations by providing timely and insightful financial support.
- Assist with the annual budget and forecast process to effectively communicate deliverables and timelines to business partners.
- Provide ad hoc analysis in support of the G&A/IT/HR organizations.
- Provide project support for key strategic ianitiatives.
- Understand the interdependencies within G&A and HR to provide financial transparency to Finance and business partners.
- Understand business drivers and identify their impact.
- Budget, forecast and track capital expenditures.
- Assist with administration of planning and financial tools.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures (SOX).
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement course of action.
- Be a motivated self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Embrace change and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Experienced in working with teams across multiple areas.
- Ability to explain finance in a clear concise manner to audiences who are unfamiliar with finance.
- Special projects as required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Understand the needs of G&A Finance, HR, and Corporate Finance.
- Provide forward thinking and solutions. Understand the needs and bring closure to potential issues.
- A “can do” attitude and closure mentality. Proactively work with others to identify and bring issues to closure in a timely manner.
- Strong cross-functional orientation. Understand who to involve in conducting analyses and solicit their input.
- Continuous improvement. Leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Advanced degree, CPA or MBA preferred.
7+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry preferred.
Strong business partnering skills – great customer service skills.
Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures is required
Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective at communicating across all levels in the organization.
Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
Experience with Oracle Fusion, SmartView Reporting, Google Platforms, and Adaptive Planning or other ERP systems preferred.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive.
Current US work authorization required.